SAVE THE DATE! – Sunday, August 22
Queenship of Mary | Feast Day of Mary Our Queen
We will have a Cookout after the 11am Mass serving Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Chips and Dessert. Parishioners may eat in the Parish Hall socially distanced OR outside weather permitting (bring your own chair if you want to sit outside).
RSVP through the form to let us know if you are coming!
Please Support Our School Supply Drive
After all Masses July 31 & August 1 thru August 7/8
MOQ Knights of Columbus is conducting our annual school supply drive to benefit the children at Peachtree Elementary School and surrounding areas.
We will be collecting items after all Masses July 31 & August 1 thru August 7/8.
The following items are needed:
Online Registration for
2021-2022 Faith Formation
To register: Go to the MOQ website under Faith Formation
Mary Our Queen SVdP Food Pantry
Thank you to all who have helped with the food pantry since our opening in January of 2021. If you are in need of food assistance, please call the SVdP helpline number at 678-892-6163.
THE PANTRY IS OPEN SATURDAYS ONLY from 10am -12 noon
The pantry will be closed the first Saturday of each month.
Volunteer slots are now open for sign-up for the months of July through September. Due to Covid, the pantry has a maximum of 4 volunteer slots (ages 12 and up) in addition to the shift leaders. Use this link to sign-up : Use this link to sign-up:
MOQ SVdP Pantry Volunteers: MOQ SVdP Food Pantry (signupgenius.com)
HOW TO DONATE PANTRY ITEMS
The pantry accepts non-perishable and non-expired items. Drop off your items before or after any of our Weekend Masses on the Garden Bench under the Green Awning. A volunteer will move the food inside for you.
MOST REQUESTED PANTRY ITEMS
- Peanut Butter/Jelly
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Canned and dried beans
- Canned meat
- Spaghetti Sauce and noodles
- Cereal/oatmeal/pancake mix and syrup
Most requested personal items are:
- Feminine Products
- Toilet Paper/Paper towels
- Soap, laundry soap and dish soap
Thank you for supporting the MOQ SVdP Food Pantry!
Adoration Hours and Information
- Adoration is offered on Wednesdays Only
- Wednesday Adoration begins after the noon Mass and ends at 8 pm
- The Friday Adoration is currently discontinued until further notice
- We also have a Holy Hour on the first Wednesday of each month beginning at 7pm-8pm
Any questions, feel free to contact us through the form below:
That Man is You! (TMIY)
We’d love to have you be a part of this life-changing program!
MOQ is hosting a unique fellowship for the men in our parish. That Man is You! is an interactive, multimedia men’s program focused upon the development of authentic male leadership and explores men in their relationship to God, to their spouse and to their children. It combines the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of authentic men capable of transforming themselves, their families and greater society.
The Battle of the Bride enables men to take the next step in male leadership. By attaining clarity of thought and developing integrity of action regarding the Church’s vision of love and marriage, men are able to transform their homes into the foundation for a new springtime of Christianity.
Our Sessions will be held on Friday mornings starting on September 11, 2020 from 6:30 to 8 am in the Parish Hall using the following format with Online Zoom Session also available for those who prefer not to attend in person:
Doors open at 6:30 for coffee, video starts at 7:00, small group discussions at 7:30, dismiss at 8:00.
Upcoming Topics and Dates for 2020
Please Note: it is not necessary to attend all dates to participate in our group, as the topics are independent talks that do not build on each other from week to week. Of course, we encourage you to attend as often as possible to get the most out of this program.
TMIY Spring Semester
THE WILL TO LOVE
This semester’s focus is to help men rediscover the true desires of their heart; identify the major challenges in the spiritual life and the means for overcoming them; reveal to men the structured approach used by saints to make true progress in the spiritual life; open men to an encounter with Our Lady and the Holy Family that will transform their lives and that of their family.
01/22: With Great Desire
01/29: A Greater Love
02/05: The Power of Love and Joy
02/12: The Journey to Nazareth
02/19: Step 1: Honor Your Wedding Vows
02/26: Step 2: Use Money for Others
03/05: Step 3: Give Some of Your Time to God
03/12: Step 4: Set Your Mind on the Things Above
03/19: Step 5: Find God in Yourself
03/26: Step 6: Find God in Other People
04/02: Good Friday – NO SESSION
04/09: Spring Break – NO SESSION
04/16: Step 7: Practice Superabundant Mercy
04/23: The Descent to Nazareth
04/30: Apostles of a New Springtime
In order to cover our coffee supply, an RSVP through the form below is requested but not required to attend. ALL WALK-INS ARE WELCOME!
All MOQ Women are invited to participate in this 22-lesson Bible study that will take you on an exciting journey closer to the heart of God! Opening Your Heart is an incredibly effective guide to deep, lasting transformation of the heart. Join us as we explore the core questions that we need to wrestle with if we want to experience all that God has for us.
- How can I conquer my fears?
- What is the role of the Holy Spirit in my life?
- What does the Eucharist have to do with my friendship with Christ?
- What are the limits of Christ’s forgiveness?
- Why and how should I pray?
- What is the role of suffering in my life?
- What challenges will I face in my efforts to follow Jesus more closely
Each weekly lesson is divided into 5 short daily sections which can be completed in about 20 to 30 minutes. The study guide titled Open Your Heart (purchased from the WWP online store) and a Catholic Bible are all that you need. The recommended Bible translation to use for a Walking with Purpose study is the New American Bible (NAB) Revised Edition. The weekly meetings, where we review and discuss the answers from our lesson, may last anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes. We will begin this Fall with virtual sessions via Zoom with the hope that by January we will be able to move to in person sessions.
TO JOIN THE WALKING WITH PURPOSE ONLINE BIBLE STUDY:
- Please submit your registration by Monday, September 14 through the form below indicating your desired time to participate.
- Purchase your study book ($40) ASAP to allow for shipping time (which could be delayed due to COVID-19) through this direct purchasing link:
- Stay connected and check your email for Zoom Room connection information and details to be communicated by Friday, September 25.
Questions? Please contact Barb Garvin through the registration form below and submit. She will follow up with you either by email or phone.
Are you interested in joining our Tuesday and Thursday night rosary Zoom sessions?
We will meet at 6:45 PM on both Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Please complete the form below with your name and email and we will email you the link information on Tuesday and Thursday.
We look forward to seeing our parishioners return to mass and ask for your prayers as we follow the guidelines issued by our government and the Archdiocese of Atlanta. For the latest update from Archbishop Hartmayer’s end to the Dispensation, please click HERE
MOQ UPDATED COVID GUIDELINES FOR MASS
1) MOQ’s Live Stream Mass—The Sunday 11am Mass will be livestreamed through the end of October, at which time we will re-evaluate our livestreaming needs. We will also continue to offer parishioners the option to schedule Live-streaming for Weddings and Funerals for an additional fee.
2) Face Masks ARE NOT required for those who have been vaccinated (after being 2 weeks out from their last shot). Face Masks ARE required for those who have not been vaccinated. Hand Sanitizer will continue to be offered.
3) Social Distancing: All pew barriers have been removed. Parishioners are responsible for maintaining a distance of 3 feet between you and others.
4) Holy Water and Hymnals have returned.
Remember, the Dispensation has ended, but one does not have an obligation to attend Mass on Sunday or a holy day of obligation in the following circumstances:
- You are ill or you have a health condition that would be significantly compromised if you were to contract a communicable illness (i.e., you have underlying conditions or are in a high-risk category). Please use the dispensation and do not attend Mass.
- You are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- You have been exposed to someone who has tested positive or you have reason to think you might be asymptomatic of a contagious illness.
- You care for the sick, homebound, or infirm.
- You are pregnant.
- You are 65 years of age or older per the CDC’s recommendation of high-risk individuals).
- You cannot attend Mass through no fault of your own (e.g., no Mass is offered, you are infirm, your ride did not show up, the church was at capacity).
- You have significant fear or anxiety of becoming ill by being at Mass.
We do expect the policies of both the Diocese of Atlanta and of Mary Our Queen to continue to change as time goes on. We will keep you informed of the changes as they occur. Know that we greatly appreciate your understanding and support as we return to the time where we will once again have an open Church without the restrictions the COVID pandemic have forced upon us.
Weddings and funerals that are scheduled will need to adhere to our current liturgical protocols we have in place for mass.
Please submit Wedding inquiries here
Please call the office to schedule a funeral: 770-416-0002
Baptisms may be scheduled through the office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 770-416-0002.