Vacation Bible School – Living with Courage
VBS returns to Mary Our Queen July 19-21 (9:00am – 12:00pm). We hope your children will join us for a three day mini-camp that will remind them that God gives us courage to fight any battles, just like he gave Daniel the courage to face the lion’s den.
Registration will open on the website on Monday, May 16th for both children, adult volunteers, and teen volunteers.
– Campers– K to 5th Grade (must be 5 years of age by July 1st). Cost is $40 per camper or $100 per family. VBS Parent Adult Volunteers pay half price!
– Teen volunteers Must be 14 or older and can register online or email Nancy O’Reilly to sign up.
First Eucharist and Reconciliation Preparation
The Eucharist is a gift that is given to the child as they grow in their faith. Our Pflaum Gospel Weeklies “Together in Jesus” prepares the child to receive this gift through faith formation groups and retreats. First Reconciliation and First Communion normally happen in 2nd grade. A child must have completed First grade faith formation or Catholic school with good attendance to be eligible for these sacraments.
To be eligible for the sacraments of First Reconciliation/First Holy Communion, please follow the below guidelines.
Each child registering for these Sacraments will need to:
1) Supply a copy of the Baptismal Certificate with registration for First Penance and First Holy Communion.
2) Be a registered, active family member of the parish
3) Be in 2nd grade or above having satisfactorily completed the previous year of Faith Formation.
4) Be registered to attend one of the following:
1) Mary Our Queen’s Faith Formation classes
2) Catholic School Religious Education classes
3) Accredited Home School Religious Education program
In addition, parents are expected to attend the following with their child:
1) First Reconciliation Prep will be made up of 3 classes plus a retreat. Classes will be scheduled on weeknights in January and February.
First Reconciliation Classes (Student and parent) – November 7, 14 , 28 at 6:30 – 7:45pm
First Reconciliation Retreat (Student and parent) – January 21 at 9:30am – noon
First Reconciliation – Saturday, January 28 at 10:00am (bring in a few extra priests)
2) First Communion Prep will be made up of 3 classes plus a retreat. Classes will be scheduled on weeknights in March and April.
First Communion Classes (student and parent) – March 6, 13, and 20, 6:30-7:45pm
First Communion Retreat (student and parent) – April 22, 9:30am – noon
First Communion Rehearsal – Saturday, May 6, 9:30am
First Communion – Sunday , May 7, 11:00am Mass
Children who haven’t received the Sacrament of Baptism and/or are entering the church as an older candidate for First Penance and First Holy Communion will need to work directly with the DRE through our Christian Initiation program.
Register HERE for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist! If your child is in public school please check both Faith Formation AND First Eucharist on the registration form.
Confirmation happens at the end of the 10th grade year. Individuals seeking Confirmation will begin preparation in 9th grade. Students must be registered and attending faith formation, Catholic school, or approved homeschool program in both 9th and 10th grade to be eligible for Confirmation. Registration for Confirmation is open on the website to current 10th graders for the 2022-2023 school year and we will have more details to come when we welcome our new youth minister over the summer.
Read More information about Confirmation HERE